United Supermarkets will not release personal information about Guests without their permission, except as required by law or legal process, or as set forth below.
It is your choice to provide United Supermarkets with your personally identifiable information. By signing up for a Smart Rewards Card or using our website, Guests agree to allow United to contact them by various means (for example, by mail or email) about promotions and other information of interest. Guests who do not wish to be contacted may notify us at any time either in writing, by telephone or in person at one of our stores.
How we use information we collect:
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, promotions, contests and surveys (including by sending you email and other marketing communications);
- Process your purchases and payments;
- Process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications;
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account;
- Customize your experience with our site, such as by providing relevant personalized product information, purchase information, coupons and birthday reminders;
- Create merchandising and promotional programs customized around specific purchases, the frequency of store visits, volume of purchases, and other data. United may also use the data it collects to investigate and respond to customer requests, concerns, and claims;
- Verify your identity;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research and data analytics; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services and websites; administering our websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms, such as our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- If you submit information as a job applicant, we evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment.
The company collects, stores, and uses aggregate data that does not contain personally identifiable information, such as demographic or statistical information. This aggregate data may be shared with and used by third parties to help us and our suppliers better serve and understand our Guests. We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
United does not collect personally identifiable information through passive methods hidden from our guests, except for the use of “cookies” on our website. A “cookie” is a small, unique identifier text file stored on your computer's hard drive. The purpose of this technology is to identify you when you visit our site so we can enhance and customize your online experience. If you do not want cookies on your computer, a procedure in most browsers allows you to decline them automatically. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our site.
We enforce strict security measures to prevent unauthorized access to, disclosure of or use of Guests’ personal information.
Team Members who violate United’s Guest privacy safeguards are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Any personal information such as email address, personal address, credit card account numbers and related sensitive financial information is encrypted on our websites. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy and security policies and practices of any third-party websites accessible through links on our websites.
Information We Share
We do not sell, trade or rent our Guests’ personal information to outside companies or marketing firms. However, we may share personal information we collect on this website or through the scanning of your Smart Rewards Card with our trusted business partners who perform services at our direction (such as printing or mailing) if they need this information to perform their services. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require our agents and business partners to hold guest information provided by United in strict confidence, except as specifically set forth in this policy.
In cases of suspected fraud or theft, and in connection with such loss prevention activities, United Supermarkets may disclose personal information as we deem necessary or appropriate.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide on our site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from children under 13, we will delete the information from our records.
United Supermarkets carefully safeguards its Guests' pharmacy records
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us as indicated below. If you are contacting us by email to request that we change or delete personal information that you submitted through our site, please be sure to tell us which page or form on the site you used to submit your information.
If you want to update or correct information previously provided to us, please e-mail your new information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you unsubscribe?
United guests may unsubscribe from our e-mail updates at any time by sending an unsubscribe request to email@example.com.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.